szombat, március 19, 2005


martin kérésére álljon itt a válasza:

Dear Judy,

thanx for reading my blog and also for the email you have sent me. I would like to explain you, what is really going on with the article you have read.

First of all, it was not me, who posted it. It was my friend Warren from England. He sometimes contributes to my blog. I met him while on studies in London, UK and from then on, we have stayed very good friends. He's been to Slovakia couple of times already.

It's true, that Warren has qouted in his article some of the words I said to him ages ago about Hungarians. But that was really long time ago. And at the time, there was some kind of mistrust and tension between my and your nation.

The main reason, why most of Slovak people do not like Hungarians, originated very long time ago. During the Austria - Hungaria empire, we were under your command, as I may call it like that. We were under your oppression. And therefore, lot of people in SVK still thinks, that you're bad nation. But in my opinion, this is very wrong. Why should we blame you for what happened, especially when you do not have anything in common with this. This was the problem of the past, nowadays, all nations are equal.

Another problem, why there's a tension between us is that there is a Hungarian political party in Slovak government, which many disagree with. And also because the Hungarian minority living in SVK is sometimes treated better than the Slovak people, as some people think. Eg. there was this problem about school reports for Hungarian
minority, i.e. they were meant to get their reports written in Hungarian. Many of us ask, why don't Slovak minority get any of these advanteges in Hungary? But this is the problem of our governments, ordinary people can only gossip about it...

I went to Hungary last year, for some kind of a congress organised by the youth political organisation IDF (daughter party of MDF). The people were very kind to me, I had great time with all of them and made a lot of friends whom am I still in contact with. I don't have any reason for saying, that you, in general, are a bad nation.

Concerning your language, I must say, it's really hard and it sounds funny to Slovaks, but I'm definitely sure, that also my language must sound funny to you. And both are very hard I must say. But I can't see any reason, why someone's language can be better than the other...

And to add something about your cousine, I'd like to say, that I really do like some of your dishes. I also have not eaten a catfish, but I really love Hungarian goulash. And what I also like is that your food is spicy, tastes really goooood :)

To conclude it all, I think, that we should hold together, especially when we are in one big state federation, the EU. That means, we're altogether in this and should support each other and hold together. And help each other in bad times, which could be very easily overcomed by holding out for each other.

Judy, I would like to apollogise for the things stated in the article which you may find offensive, I tried to explain how it really is and hopefully, you will not have a bad meaning about Slovakia in future.

PS: Could I ask you to post this email at your blog, to let other Hungarians know, how some people like me consider their nation and country. Have a nice day...

5:58 du. |